Find perfect sterling silver necklace for yourself

The special day arrived and I was so excited. I watched with great anticipation as my gift was opened. "Oh, how beautiful. Thank you soo much". It seemed I had made a great decision. But those warm feelings soon ended when the next gift was opened.

"How did you know? This is so great! I can ware this with everything. I just love sterling silver jewelry. Oh thank you, thank you. Let me give you a big hug". I was crushed; my rival had out done me. I know my gift was great, or at least expensive. How come my jeweler did me wrong?

The perfect gift turned out to be a sterling silver necklace. So I decided to do a little research on jewelry so I would be ready for my next big opportunity. Here's what I found: Good quality silver jewelry is made of .925 Sterling Silver. This means that it is 92.5% silver combined with 7.5% copper or other metal alloys. This is what gives the white metal its brilliant shine. Low-quality silver jewelry is made with different combinations of alloys and silver and doesn't have such eye-catching brilliance.

Some jewelry has a higher percentage of silver and is labeled 'fine silver' These items are extremely delicate, such as hand-woven silver strand necklaces. This is because fine silver is very soft. But when it is mixed with the other metal alloys or copper it becomes more durable. Jewelry makers prefer to use sterling silver for this very reason. They are able to create stunning designs that can hold up to everyday use.

When I ask my friend why she loved her new jewelry so much she said "it's the quality silver and great designs". She went on to tell me that sterling silver was hot right now. And there are many artisans and designers from around the globe creating distinctive designs for bracelets, necklaces, watches and more. All good jewelry designs have quality craftsmanship and attention to detail. Sterling silver holds up to these intricate designs because of the silver and copper combination. As the brightest of all the white metals it's shine brings attention to the wearer.

Sterling silver designs completely depend on the craftsmen


评论

此博客中的热门博文

How To Choose Between The Right Wedding Headpieces

Fashion Jewellery Trends - Weddings

Find the best sterling silver bracelets for yourself